When we talk about Chinese cuisine the first thing that comes to our mind is Garlic. The presence of the herb dates back to more than 3000 years, yet its impact and benefits are still widely accepted. The medicinal plant belongs to the family of Allium and comes from Central Asia. The wonder herb contains allicin, which is a chemical compound recognized to provide therapeutic relief. Garlic gets its pungent aroma from allicin compound which includes sulphur. The antibiotic nature of the herb is due to this presence of sulphur. Garlic is consumed worldwide in both cooked and raw form and is an active part of many worldwide cuisines.
As far as thenutritional advantage of garlic is concerned, the little cloves contain many vital minerals which comprise of calcium, iron and phosphorous with traces of compounds like iodine, chlorine, and sulphur. The tremendous sulphur content aids in flushing out toxins from the human body, and thereby improves digestion. Moreover, garlic is also known to create immunity against common cold and hinder heart issues by cleansing the arrested arteries. Researchers have also concluded that many people are consuming garlic to prevent the occurrence of prostate, lung, stomach, rectal, breast and colon cancer.
Health advantages of consuming garlic
1) Improved digestion- Half of the medical problems arise due to poor digestion. Garlic, when included in the diet, leads to removal of digestive issues. The wonder herb helps the intestine to function properly and improve digestion. Additionally, it also removes any form of irritation or swelling prevalent in the gastric canal.
2) Better blood glucose level- Diabetes is a deadly disease that severely affects the functioning of the kidney, leads to heart ailments and impacts the nervous system. Garlic contains oil which holds medicinal properties and helps diabetes patient from falling prey to these issues.
3) Cholesterol check- People who have high LDL cholesterol are at risk of many ailments including heart disease. The allicin in garlic stops LDL cholesterol from oxidizing and thereby prevents the deposition of the cholesterol in thebody.
4) Cold prevention- TheRegular inclusion of garlic as part of diet reduces the occurrence of symptoms like common cold and flu. The compound builds immunity and prevents the attack of cold.
5) Lowers hypertension- The medicinal herb has the power to reduce blood pressure with the help of allicin. When blood pressure shoots up, allicin relaxes the blood vessels which controls the blood pressure. Moreover, it also lowers platelet aggregation to combat thrombosis.
6) Ear pain- Have you ever suffered from pain in your ears? If yes, then you must have experienced how painful an ear problem can be. The medicinal herb is excellent in curing ear pain. The compound is antifungal, antiviral and antibiotic in nature which fights infection and relives the pain.
7) Cancer avoidance- Many types of research are being conducted to ascertain the prevention of cancer by regular consumption of garlic. The studies reveal that daily intake of garlic lowers the risk of stomach, esophageal and colon cancer. This is because garlic lowers the production of carcinogenic compounds and improves immunity which leads to better resistance against cancer.