We thrive on food; it is one thing, whose absence can prove to be fatal. Food gives us the required nutrition for development. There is a lot of research that keeps on getting conducted to identify foods that are extremely healthy, the name “Superfoods” have been chosen to address such extraordinary foods. Basically, superfoods are nutrient-enriched items that contain polyphenols, antioxidants, minerals and vitamins in alarge dose. The consumption of such foods leads to the prevention ofmuch serious illness and improved lifespan. Moreover, the intake of these foods improves health and immunity greatly. There are many foods that are high in nutrients and fall under the category of superfoods, let’s take a look at them
1) Cinnamon- The bark of the tree is not only a flavoring agent for sweets and drinks; it is quite healthy as well. The food is rich in antioxidants and is known to control diabetes, reduce cholesterol level and combat inflammatory conditions. Additionally, it is also beneficial in treating nausea conditions and PMS symptoms.
2)Blueberries- The tiny powerhouse is known to be one of the best superfoods fortified with loads of vitamins, phytochemicals and soluble fiber. The berries are packed with antioxidants which help in theprevention of cancer and old-age conditions like Alzheimer and dementia.
3) Avocados- The superfood is a nutrient enriched fruit that has monosaturated fats, which is necessary to keep the heart healthy. The fat protects the heart and even aids in absorption of other nutrients. Additionally, the super fruit also contains folate, vitamin C, potassium and vitamin K.
4) Flaxseed- Omega-3 fatty acid, which is the good fat for human body, is found in plenty in the tiny seeds. The superfood contains lignans which are enriched with both estrogen and antioxidant benefits. The healthy food is also known to have protective abilities against prostate cancer, breast cancer and colon cancer.
5)Kale- If you are looking for some serious weight loss then includes this green leafy vegetable in your diet. The superfood is enriched with loads of Vitamin A, Vitamin C, manganese and calcium. Moreover, Kale is fortified with a phytonutrient that are recognized to lessen many forms of cancer which includes ovarian and breast cancer as well.
6) Tomatoes- The bright red delicacy contains loads of lycopene which is an antioxidant found sparsely. The lycopene has the ability to prevent skin damage due to the harmful UV rays. It is also known to reduce cholesterol levels and protect body against certain cancers. Additionally, the tomatoes contain large amounts of vitamin C, fiber and potassium.
7)Salmon- The super fish is a superfood packed with Omega 3 fatty acids, which are known to protect your heart, improve brain health and reduce inflammation. The fish contains selenium in large quantity which aid in preservation of cell from any kind of damage.
8) Broccoli- The cruciferous green vegetable is enriched with loads of Vitamin K that is required to build bones. The superfood is a rich antioxidant which also fulfills the iron requirement in the body. The phytonutrients present in the vegetable is known to restrain the growth of tumor and lower the risk of cancer.